Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Longest Day

Yesterday for those who may not know, was the longest day. Which means it just gets colder and darker from here on in. No change there then, as yesterday was a miserable and cold day here on Atley Hill.

We worked (Sam and I) in the afternoon, and went up to Cogden Hall after work. Sam needed to find her driving licence, as the guy from Wheels2Work was supposed to be coming today to sort out the paperwork, so that she could take her CBT test on Sunday.

Anyway, we shot up there, had tea (Chinese takeaway). Chatted with Sam's mum and Mark for a bit and then got into digging through the boxes of stuff we left before we went away, trying to find her driving licence. Mine was lost to time, but I had a dig anyway. No licence, wasn't expected, but I did find all my DVD's that I had packed, and some other bits n bobs. I particular my Spanish phrase book which will be handy when we do get ourselves to Spain.

Today I wasn't working, but Sam is working the night in the kitchen. So I decided to come and answer email, write the blog, job applications, write some more of my book. Whatever takes my fancy really. The job thing is going ploddingly, I would say. I've put in applications, Sam has yet to actually fill any in. There isn't a great amount out there, in the areas we are looking. We'd both prefer International Development work, but that is a no go in the north where we are, and we can't afford to move. A right old Catch 22.

The best way I think for us to go, is to get a development type job based in and around the north of England. Then once we have money behind us in a year or so, then we can move on. Sam will then have working UK development work experience, and I will have moved into management, which is the work I am applying for. So it'll all be good in the end I'm sure.

The gut from Wheels2Work didn;t come today, he had top cancel. So Sam isn't doing her test this Sunday. All delayed for a week. I have yet to get my licence from Swansea, so on rush for me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home