Friday, February 24, 2006

The Weekend Looming

Another week in Oz, and not much going on. Actually we got our police checks through, so once we get the nod off Immigration we can start working for the Red Cross. That'll be good, getting back into youth work, and doing it in Oz will be interesting. Also it'll be interesting doing youth work with Sam. We've done volunteer work together, but youth work is my field, so working with her it what is essentially what I usually do for a living, will be interesting.

Hopefully after this weekend we'll have some money through, so we can look at doing something with our time here. We'll have to see what is on offer, as this place is so expensive. Even if we did travel further afield, and found we liked say Melbourne for example, I still don't think I would want to live here in Oz. There's just something about the place, that puts my back up. I can't out my finger on it, there just is. But mainly the low wages, high taxes, non-existent welfare system, high cost-of-living. On the balance of things, just having the nice weather doesn't cut it. Weather is the one and only advantage that Oz has over the UK. There are mant other countries that have the weather and a far better standard of living than this place. Why people come here I really don't know.

Next place to check out for a country other than the UK to live any great length of time is Canada. Give it a couple of years and we'll be checking that place out for definate. Anyway, we'll see. Not much to tell, still trying to get website up and running, bid not much further on, not written anything creatively. It's not coming together like I planned. Arse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home