Saturday, January 28, 2006

Earthquake!

Not done much today, been really windy outside and still recovering from the earthquake last night. No really it's true, we had an earthquake here last night. It was about 10 to 3 in the morning, that we felt the effects of the Indonesian quake.

Sam blamed me for shaking the bed. I turned round to say I wasn't even moving when we noticed that the mirror on the wall was jogging around. The sliding doors of the wardrobes were flexing and bending slightly. If you put your foot on the floor you could feel the vibrations. It was so cool! Experiencing your first earthquake!!

It only lasted a matter of 5 to 10 minutes. I got up soon after that as my knee was killing me, after coming off my bike earlier in the day. Sam was somewhat miffed that I'd kept her awake, so I went downstairs and watched an episode of the Garfield cartoon I found on late night TV. At around 5.30am I felt knackered enough to get my head down, so went back up to bed.

We got up around 11.30am, I showered and went downstairs, leaving Sam to get up in her own time. Like I say we didn't do much today, apart from spend the afternoon splashing around in the pool. Another lazy day. Oh we did email One Mile Dam about volunteer work again, and we got the address of a place in the town centre that we can visit on Monday.

I do want to be more productive however. We need to get the project proposal together for Laos. We need to get some postcards sent to family and friends. I need to get on with writing, as it is something I promised myself I would do while here. Then again we've only been here just over a week, so if we kick ourselves in the arse and get motivated next week, then no harm done. What's wrong with spending a week or so doing nothing whatsoever? We need the time to get used to the humidity, being back in the western world (which is harder than I thought. Give me South East Asia any day!), and just simply back to living a semi-normal life again.

Anyway, Mother's just brought me a beer. Daziel and Pascoe is on the TV, so I'm off to find my spot on the sofa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home