Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Running Out Of Titles And Patience

I did write a whole rant about Sombat (the Thai Guy). He'd been on our case again about not knowing how to use the English language. It's getting silly now, even down to him saying that we don't know how to spell 'maybe'. Apparently, according to him it should be 'may be'. Which is news to me, I've been wrong all my life. Here am I 36 years old and am now only just learning to use my own native language. Thank you Sombat for such an insight... You pedantic pathetic little man. Well not so little really, he's over-fed and thankfully over-there. However we think he maybe (or should that be 'may be') coming over here at the weekend.

He's probably coming to give us English lessons. Or more likely to kick us out of the office. Seeing how we aren't staying at the CDEA's office, the CDEA doesn't even have an office. The office belongs to FIAM, the other so-called CDEA office is a civil servants office in one of the Prime Minister's Office. Oh and apparently there is another 'CDEA' office we discovered last week. This in fact is the office of CODI, another organisation the Khanthone works, for most of the time it seems. In fact I worked out yesterday that the address on the CDEA headed paper is in fact Khanthone's home address.

There are many other things we are discovering that do not gel together. Although we maybe wrong on some of it, but you know instincts and all that, they count for a lot. In fact I'm very rarely wrong on such matters. Shady dealings definitely. We have read many of the funding bids, and the figures just don't add up. In-kind contributions that don't exist, Dr Khansome is at a loss with much of it, and he's supposed to be the project manager. I don't know, like I say it all seems a bit fishy. It could be perfectly innocent, just bad accounting or poor administration. Or am I just making excuses here?!

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rich and Sam,

I have read your blogs and seen that you have over-acted and been using harsh words against me. How can you use such words like "TWAT" for someone like me you have professionally little known? I have never been rude to you like you have thought and acted. What I have observed was that I have seen you have always referred to "Rich and Sam" on any passage you have written. And in many of those passages I have seen that you have misspelled words you two are using. And, what is rather difficult to accept it that how you two misspelled the same word of English which is your own language. You can go through your blogs again and see how many your have misspelled. Such would not be serious mistakes if you were not teaching CDEA's staff English at that moment. That is what I have observed and wanted to inform you.
In your blogs of November 2005 you have publicly defamed me worldwide. You are making something unbelievably and unthinkably incorrect. I am not teaching you English, a language of your mother tongue. I dare not. I just observe your regular misspelling.

You have to re-understand me and re-use your words and re-word your thoughts. Do not make use of your language for your own fun.
I still have the passage I had for you in November 2005.
And here it is:
Dear Rich and Sam,

1. I do know that you may react to me just like you have responded to my latest e-mail as you and me are dealing only with your and my writings. This is only one aspect or one side of me and of you that we have thus far exchanged. I have seen and observed what has been written by you have not been done in a non-professional way. In my recent e-mails I have only addressed “Dear Rich”, excluding Sam, because I do not know if Sam has been writing with you and reading what you have written. To me, it is very strange that grammatical rules are not respected in many cases. I feel sorry if both of you share the same understanding. And, besides, many key words have been misspelled or misspellings are often found, even in your latest writings.
I am sorry to say that I care for this very much. Nobody in CDEA will ever observe these for lack of adequate knowledge in English. And, because of these, I have written to you that “I am afraid that you cannot produce any document on behalf of CDEA”. Will this offend you?

2. I know both of you are working with CDEA as volunteers. I have previously said to you that I am glad to have you with us at the right moment. And we have welcomed you into our milieu the best we.
Now, however, based on what you have written and what I have explained to you with related documents, I have a doubt in your capacity to work for and with us. This is because what I have previously expected of you is much higher than all these. When we have first met, you informed us that both of you were university-educated with experience in development work and had worked on environmental and projects in the UK.
It was because you have been from the UK that I have forgotten to learn more about you on the day we met. There were not written interviews. I have presumed you would be able to accomplish simple things like what we are doing within a short time. The past, to a certain extent, can be an indicator for future obligations, but the present is what and where we are. A man with recent accomplishments should perform adequately and satisfactorily his similar assignments.

3. I have been recruiting personnel for several projects. Interviews can help identify good ones. However, on-the-job training has to also be another indispensable means.

4. In order to have written all these, it takes some time. I have thus carefully wording my thoughts as language barriers many times are hard to overcome. And it becomes another issue when we come to the standardization of our work.


Finally, I still hold that you keep cool and try to learn more in order to accomplish more in a professional way.


Mr. Sombat Thavorn
November 14, 2005
Nov14_05-ST&Rich.doc
PS. This time I have addressed both of you because I am sure both of you will read this message.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home