Monday, October 15, 2007

Okay So This Is Another Catch-Up Piece

I've just done a quick Japan catch-up piece. It's been going on 2 weeks since we came back. Time has slipped by. In that time, I've had my 38th birthday, bought a guitar, met a famous Korean clothes designer randomly, worked, been to the races (again), been down to Songtan to see Kenny, and hung around at home.

My birthday was fun. I didn't expect much, if anything. I mean when you reach my age, a birthday is just another day. Samantha and the guys made it a good one. And a long one. It started I suppose on the Friday after Japan. We went out as usual to Zapi's and met up with the gang. Birthday wishes started flowing in then. I had a bit of a skin full, but nothing so unusual for a Friday. We ended up back at ours, with Jorge, chatting and listening to music. This carried on into Saturday. Well into Saturday.

Saturday came, and a slight hangover, after some sleep. We were went to Seoul with Jorge, Dorothy and Ian, to Carne Station. This was part 2 of my birthday thing. We met Justin there. Carne Station, is an all you can eat and drink place. It's great! Well being my birthday, I partook of a couple of whiskeys, as its usually very expensive here in Korean. That set me up for the night. After Carne Station, we went to a traditional Bravarian hofbrauhaus, where you could buy a rack of beer. Literally a rack, of 10 pints of proper beer. Woo hoo!

Needless to say the trip back to Suwon in the taxi was a little hazy. Once again however we ended up in Zapi's with all the guys!

My actual birthday was on the Monday, buy we had Wednesday off. So it was back to Zapi's on Tuesday night for more birthday celebrations. Samantha had stashed a cake there, which was brought out at the appropriate time. The bar was full with everyone we know. So it was pretty hard to fit us all in. But we managed. Another good one, and finally an end to the birthday times.

So back to work, no more holidays until Christmas.

The next Saturday, this was the trip to Costco day, with Dorothy and Ian. It's a huge trade warehouse place in Seoul. An American company. This is where we stocked up with enough food to see us through the Apocalypse, and I picked up a guitar, a birthday treat to myself. This is where we met this bizarre clothes designer. A guy called Andrea Kim. Apparently very famous here. He reminded me of a bad drag queen.

Sunday we went to Kenny's stomping ground. Which made a nice change. Strange place though, hanging out in Osan, where the big American Airforce base is.

This weekend we just did the races again. But on a Saturday this time, just to be different. That was it really. A quiet one, which was good.

Well that's it. I could have expanded, but I can't be bothered. Update done. I will stick-up some pictures to illustrate. Oh there will not be any birthday pictures, they are all on facebook, for those who wish to see them. I wouldn't advise it, as I don't look so good in most of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home