Monday, October 15, 2007

Japan A Retrospective

I should have wrote this piece when Japan was still fresh. Just not had the time. Well with time now between Japan and I, I can look back in retrospect, and consider it from afar.

As I've said before, I enjoyed Japan. Despite that in reality I should say I enjoyed Tokyo, as that is where we were almost wholly. It would have had more impact had I not been living in Korea, which has many similarities. I fact, and I know the Korean's hate it said, but Korea is following Japan, but with far less flair and style.

That's the thing about Tokyo, it has style with more style on the side. The place, the buildings, the people. From the hardcore chic of Ginza to the down and dirty side of Shinjuku. The neon is even more stylish artistic than that of Korea. Seoul, tries to be one of the most happening world capitals, and believes that of itself. It is unfortunately sadly mistaken. They should take a leaf out of Tokyo's book, as how to really pull it off.

The same goes for the people in Japan, they are more friendly and out going. You do not feel like a freak in Tokyo, as you can so easily feel here in Korea. Also even if the people there couldn't speak English, they would really put themselves out there to help a lost and confused traveler. Not that Korean's are ignorant, but they are less inclined to approach you. Less inclined to help generally, and get mighty frustrated at the communication breakdown. They simply are not yet equipped to deal with foreigners, and don't understand us.

Anyway, as I have said before. Japan lived up to my expectations. Which after a lifetime of dreaming about, was a pretty tall order. I must, I will go again, and explore further. I take this trip as just a taster of the things yet to be revealed by Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home