Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This Is The cRaziest Shit eEVr

I am sat in a booth, overlooking the central Tokyo skyline. Around me is a TV DVD PC and PS2. Around me as far as I can see are other similar booths. Its the early hours, the sun is up now. These places run 24hrs. You have access to games, movies, free food and drink. A shower if you need it.

People get lost in these places for days on end. Paying by the hour. Sailor suited school girls wander through through the back streets below me, on their way to school. skyscrapers reach for the clouds, multi-level highways criss-cross high above ground. Every sci-fi film is laid-out before me, and it is real. Tokyo is the future, now. What every geek sci-fi reading school boy ever dreamed of.

These entertainment rooms are the ultimate expression of all this. You plug in to the latest technology, by the hour. Full immersion, techno overload. Hook in and chill out. Escape the world for a while. Also its cheaper than a hotel room, and far more interesting. Couple more hours we will have to fly out back to Korea.

Going to chill out to a movie, maybe send another email, throw a coffee down my neck and flck through a comic book. All at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home