Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm An Alien, I'm A Legal Alien, I'm An Englishman In Suwon

Last Thursday Mr. Oh brought us our Alien Residency Cards, so we are official now. That meant that we could go and open a bank account, which we did on Friday at the post office just next to the school. In fact having Residency Cards means we can do all sorts, like join a video club for example!

We had a quite weekend this weekend. We had planned to go into Seoul, but I got a bit of an infection, and started to lose my voice. I bought some lozengers on the way to work, when Mr. Oh heard my voice, he insisted that he take me to the doctors. It's a good thing really. As it did start to get worse, and being in a job that means you are speaking all day non-stop, I needed to get it cured as soon as possible.

So like I say, a quite weekend. Saturday I managed to get a hair cut without a word of Korean, and still didn't come out looking like a complete idiot. We wandered down to Lotte Mart and did the usual weekly shop, which is still a bit of a novelty for us both. Samantha rang her Mum and Mark and I rang Mum and Dad, to give them all our contact details here. We popped our for a couple of beers late on, as places don't really start to get going until elevenish here. But still we had an early night.

Sunday was a typical lazy Sunday. We managed to find an english language newpaper. So we had a full cooked breakfast (bacon, eggs, the works) and read the paper. For lunch Smanatha knocked us up a lovely Spam sandwich (Richam as it is called here). We even managed to cook fish and chips of Sunday night, so a very English day was had on Sunday.

Well back to school today. Lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home