Thursday, August 18, 2005

One Night In Bangkok

Well made it through the first night here. Got hammered so that we could sleep. A little strange getting up this morning, as it was one in the morning UK time. Sam is feeling a 'bit slushy'. Travelling and such is catching up with her I think. I meanwhile am right at home here already. The chilled, laid-back life-style is right up my street.

We are spending today in Bangkok, site seeing at Wat Poh (huge old temple), and then shopping for a digital camera. We are staying on Khoa San Road, the infamous street for all travellers to crash and get their heads around being in Thailand. Tomorrow we will be heading for Kho Chang (the elephant island) for some beach time.

I'm trying to get my head around the lingo. Just about learnt to order two beers, which is the essential first line anyone should learn when going abroad. We spent last night just hanging around Khoa San Road where we are staying. The room we got is pretty good by Thai standards, I've only seen one little cockroach so far. Everything is so cheap here, I can't believe that we have paid for two nights accomodation, had two meals, quite a bit of beer and only just made a dent in twenty quid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home